FoodBytes! San Francisco will be held on Thursday, March 16 2017 at The Village. Applications are due by 11:59 PM PT on Friday, January 20. You will be notified if you have been selected to pitch by Monday, February 1.
- Business Model / Scalability: Team is on track or building a successful business and is addressing their revenue model, competitors, how to scale and customer acquisition
- Product / Technology: Product/service has a competitive advantage and high barriers to entry with a high growth market opportunity
- Customers / Traction: Company is building something that consumers or the industry needs / wants and they understand their consumer or users’ needs. Team has done research to evaluate competitive landscape and has validated a need
- Sustainability / Social Good: Concept is focused on the triple bottom line: people, profit and planet
- Innovation & Impact: Concept is a game-changing approach to solving a problem or gap in the market that could have major impact at scale
Why Does Pitching Entail?
- Pitch to an audience of investors, industry leaders, media and entrepreneurs
- Have dedicated display space to showcase your product or service
- Be in the running to win the People’s Choice, Judges’ Choice or Highly Commended Award
- Take part in an invite-only session of networking and mentorship with industry experts and the FoodBytes! judges on Wednesday, March 15