1. Our Privacy Statement
At Foodbytes and applicable affiliates (collectively referred to herein as ‘Rabobank’), protecting your privacy and safeguarding the personal information or other information that you provide us is a priority. Whether you are a website visitor, loan applicant and/or consumer of our services, we respect your privacy and your trust is important to us. The following sets forth Rabobank’s Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applicable to the collection and processing of personal or other information that share with us or when you visit our website: www.foodbytesworld.com, or that you provide to Rabobank as part of a product or service that you request and we provide to you.
This Privacy Statement describes the personal and other information that Rabobank may collect, process, store, use and/or disclose, as well as the safeguard measures that we have in place to protect it. The Privacy Statement also applies to the operations performed on behalf of Rabobank by our affiliates and/or external service providers that may be involved in the collection and/or processing of your personal or other information.
2. How does Rabobank receive your personal data?
Rabobank collects personal and other information that you voluntary provide in order to enable us to deliver the products or services that you have requested, which may come from the following sources, as applicable to your involvement with FoodBytes:
- a) Information we receive directly from you, including but not limited to information on applications or other forms;
- b) Information about your transactions with us;
- c) Information about your transactions with our affiliates; and
- d) Information from a consumer reporting agency.
3. Which personal data does Rabobank process?
The following are the general categories of personal information that we may collect:
- a) Name(s)
- b) Organization /Company
- c) Title
- d) Country
- e) USPS Mailing Address and Physical Address
- f) Location Device – Internet Provider (IP) Address information: city, region, country internet service provider
- g) Email address
- h) Business Entity Information
- i) Browser type and/or operating system
- j) User login/authentication data
- k) Functionality settings that recall user preferences
4. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
This Privacy Statement describes how we deal with personal data processing by the Rabobank. Personal data may be shared within Rabobank to the extent that this is permitted by law. When sharing data within Rabobank, we comply with the rules that we have agreed within our internal policies. These policies govern how the divisions of Rabobank deal with personal data.
Within Rabobank, your personal data can be accessed only by the individuals who have both a need and an appropriate business purpose to have access. All of these people are bound by a duty of confidentiality.
5. Whose personal data are processed by Rabobank?
We process personal and other information of individuals or of entities with whom we have, wish to have, or previously had, a direct or indirect relationship. We also provide personal and other information to third parties, to allow us to provide products or services which you seek. This may include:
- a) clients and their representatives;
- b) persons who show an interest in our products and services; or
- c) persons who are associated with a business or organization with which we have, wish to have, or previously had, a relationship.
Please note: if your business or organization provides us with personal information of employees, you are under the obligation to inform your employees thereof. You may provide your employees with this Privacy Statement so that they may see how Rabobank treats their personal information.
6. How does Rabobank treat my personal data?
Your personal data are stored carefully and no longer than necessary for the purpose for which they were processed.
Within Rabobank, your personal data can be used only by employees who require access to such data for the performance of their duties. Our employees are subject to a confidentiality obligation. If we wish to use data for a purpose other than that for which they were originally processed, then we may only do so if the two purposes are closely related. Your personal data may also be shared between various Rabobank divisions and subsidiaries, but only if this is reconcilable with the purpose for which the personal data were collected and if this is compliant with other requirements following from applicable privacy laws and regulations. We sometimes engage third parties to edit personal data, e.g. a printer who carries out a FoodBytes! mailing for us and prints names and addresses details on envelopes. We can engage third parties only if this fits the purpose for which we have processed your personal data, e.g. for promotional and marketing purposes. In addition, such a third party may only obtain our order if he has demonstrably taken appropriate security measures and warrants confidentiality. Your personal data may also be shared with third parties that we engage in our operations or the provision of our services (for example, data hosting, data processing, processing of payment transactions, and similar services). Some of these third parties may be located outside of the United States. Your personal data may, both during and after processing, be subject to investigation by competent national authorities in the countries where such data are located for purposes of the processing. Your personal data will not be sold or hired out.
7. For what purposes does Rabobank process personal data of individuals?
We require personal and other information to understand your interests and business needs, and in order to provide you with a better experience related to the products and/or services that you seek. In particular, and as applicable, we process personal and other information to:
- a) enable you to select the business interest and financial needs you seek;
- b) enable you to engage with business partners that help serve your mission and business goals;
- c) potentially improve our products and services or inform you about new services or other information that we believe you may find applicable; or,
- d) enable you to register with our website and subsequently, to receive an email notification that confirms the user’s website account was successfully established.
- a) responding to an inquiry for the purposes of describing, marketing or selling goods and/or services to you.
- b) entering into a relationship to become a Rabobank client, or if you, as an individual are associated with an entity that wishes to purchase a new product or a new service. This may include carrying out an investigation to review whether we can accept the individual or Subject Entity as a client or whether we can provide a loan.
- c) receiving a loan or business credit application submitted by an individual.
- d) enabling the establishment of loan account completed by an individual.
- e) providing access to an account established by an individual.
- f) maintaining a relationship with you and to execute payment orders received.
- g) concluding and executing agreements with suppliers and corporate clients in order to ascertain for example, that you are authorized to represent your company or to grant you access to our offices.
- h) developing and improving of our products and services.
- i) engaging in promotional and marketing activities that may be of interest to you, or to better anticipate your needs.
- j) compiling statistics for analysis of visits and use of our websites.
- k) complying with legal requirements or the lawful basis of a contract or to protect your personal interests or that of our organization (such as combating or investigating fraud).
- l) complying with national and international laws and regulations for example, to initiate a (further) investigation if you have certain assets, collaboration with other parties that may pose a risk, or in the event of an unusual transaction in your account or to disclose data about you to a government or regulatory body inside or outside of the United States.
- m) Archiving data only for the potential use in legal proceedings, or for historic, statistical or scientific purposes.
We have collected information such as that described above in the last twelve months. We may disclose personal information our affiliates insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this notice to include the processing and delivery of a product or service. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties that are not related by common ownership or control, such as service providers, credit bureaus and other nonaffiliated third parties when required and permitted by law. We do not collect more personal information than is necessary for the purposes set forth above. We require that you do not supply any other person’s personal information to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
8. Does Rabobank also process sensitive data?
Sensitive data are special types of personal data, for example, data concerning physical or mental health, criminal data, or racial or ethnic data.
Rabobank participates in incident registers and alert systems for the financial sector and may process data concerning criminal records for that purpose. The purpose of an incident register or alert system is to protect the interests of financial institutions and their clients, e.g. by detecting fraud. Furthermore, we will process sensitive data only if so required by law, with your consent, or at your request. If you request us to record sensitive data about you, or if you disclose such data yourself, we will only process them if that is necessary for our services.
9. Exercising Your Individual Rights
Subject to Rabobank’s verification of a consumer’s identity per statutory laws and regulations, you/consumers may exercise any one of the following consumer right(s) with Rabobank listed below. When communicating your request, please select one of the following 2 options:
Submit your request to the following email address: (RaboPrivacyOffice@raboag.com) or submit your request by using the following toll free phone number to reach a Customer Connect Service Representative to assist you: (855) 722-7766
In order for Rabobank to respond to a request, you will be asked to provide, over the phone, personal information that will assist us in verifying your identity. This step is for your protection and to ensure Rabobank’s due diligence to demonstrate our commitment to preventing identify theft or fraudulent activities of individuals who may attempt to claim the identity of an individual for which they are not. Information which you might be asked to provide includes, but is not limited to, Name, email address, and organization. If you authorize someone else, such as an authorized agent, to request information on your behalf, Rabobank will require that you provide evidence of this authorization, prior to executing any actions on your behalf. Rabobank reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion, information/documentation that is appropriate to evidence a consumer’s authorization of an agent.
COMPLAINTS: When you have a general question about the processing of personal data or a complaint, the above email address or phone number is applicable. Rabobank will, together with you, look for a solution.
9.1. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
You have the right to know about the personal and other information which we collect, use, disclose and sell. More specifically, you may request information regarding the following:
- a) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- b) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- c) the business purpose or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information;
- d) the categories of third parties with whom or which the personal information is disclosed; and,
- e) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Rabobank is obligated to respond to no more than two right-to-access requests in a 12-month period. 9.2. Right to Rectification
If you believe that your personal information has been processed incorrectly or incompletely, or if you believe that such processing was unnecessary, then you may file a request for editing, supplementation or removal of your personal information with Rabobank using one of the two methods and guidance provided earlier in this section titled “Exercising your Individual Rights”.
9.3 Right to Restriction
You may request that we temporarily restrict the personal data relating to you that we process. This means that we will temporarily process less personal data relating to you. Please be aware that if we are able to restrict the personal data you are requesting, it will only be done within the terms of any agreement we have in place with you.
9.4 Right to Data Deletion
With certain exceptions, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information which we maintain. A verifiable consumer request, as described above, for deletion of any personal information collected will be honored by Rabobank, insofar that the request does not conflict with legal and regulatory data retention and record keeping requirements to which Rabobank must adhere. Rabobank will also request and make reasonable efforts to ensure that our service providers delete your personal information as well. The deletion right does not apply when the business needs the personal information for any of the following:
- a) to complete the transaction or provide a good or service requested by the consumer for which the business collected the personal information or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- b) to detect or prevent security incidents or illegal activity;
- c) to identify and correct errors that impair existing functionality;
- d) for the exercise of a legal right or to ensure another consumer can exercise his or her legal right;
- e) to comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- f) to engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest if deletion of the personal information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair it;
- g) solely for internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business;
- h) to comply with a legal obligation; or i) for lawful internal uses that are compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the personal information to the business.
9.5 Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sold
An individual has the right instruct a business that sells personal information not to sell the consumer’s personal information – also known as the Right to Opt-Out. Once a consumer opts out, the business must honor the opt-out request for at least 12 months, but subsequently may sell the consumer’s personal information if the consumer provides his or her “express authorization”. At Rabobank, we do not sell your personal information to any person or to third parties. This also includes the sale of information of minors.
9.6. Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights (Equal Service and Price)
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act. However, Rabobank is permitted to offer different products or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data. At this time, Rabobank does not offer different products or services based upon the value of a consumer’s data. Should our data practices change, we will update this statement as provided later in this section titled “Changes to this Privacy Statement”.
9.7. Right to Notification of Personal Information to be Collected
When Rabobank collects an Individual’s personal or other information, we must disclose through a notice at or before the time of collection:
- a) a list of categories of your personal information collected.
- b) for the categories of personal information collected, the business or commercial purpose for which it is to be used.
- c) if the business sells personal information, a link to opt-out of the sale of information, or a statement that no sale or disclosure was made; and
- d) a link to this Privacy Statement.
As noted above, Rabobank does not sell any personal information to any person or to third parties.
9.8. Right to Data Portability
As part of your options for receiving a copy of the specific personal information we retain about you, it includes an electronic format that is in a readily usable format.
9.9. Object to direct marketing
We may also disclose the following information provided below to our affiliates that are financial service providers: Personal information we receive from you on forms, such as:
- a) Name
- b) Email Address
- c) Organization
Our affiliates may use this information to make marketing solicitations to you about their products and services. You may opt-out of the disclosure to our affiliates of personal information, excluding information required for our transactions and experiences with you (i.e. information we receive from you on applications or other forms). You may also elect not to receive marketing solicitations from our affiliates.
Please note that if you make this election, we will still call you and send you email in order to service your existing relationship with us or to provide account related information (and when doing so, our mailings may include marketing materials). If you opt out, it is effective within thirty days of receipt and will remain effective until you tell us to change your choice. When you are no longer involved with FoodBytes!, we continue to share your information as disclosed in this notice, unless otherwise advised by an opt-out action you have exercised. You may contact us using option 1 or option 2 to request to opt-out status as describe above in the section titles “Exercising Your Individual Rights”.
10. Data Retention of Your Personal Information
Our data retention policies and procedure are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal information will be retained. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this statement, we may retain your personal information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation and in accordance with banking regulations to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
11. Security and Safeguarding Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place the appropriate physical, administrative and technical controls and procedures in place in order to safeguard and secure the information that you provide to Rabobank online. Rabobank uses many advanced security measures to protect you while you are using our websites. Below are just a few of the measures we use:
- Unique login IDs and passwords – You select your own login ID and password.
- Firewalls – Blocks unauthorized access to the Rabobank computer system, where your information is kept.
- 128-bit Encryption – Scrambles information being transmitted between Rabobank and online banking into a code that is virtually impossible for outsiders to decipher.
- Monitoring – We monitor for unusual activity on your accounts. However, this is not fool-proof and does not take the place of you regularly monitoring your accounts.
We protect our computer system with backup files, virus detection software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware. By taking these measures to protect the integrity of our computer system, we are also helping ensure the safety of your personal information.
11.2 Limited Employee Access
Access to account information is restricted to only those employees who are required to have access to it in order to assist you. Rabobank employees are required to keep your personal information confidential, and are subject to disciplinary action or termination if they fail to do so.
11.3. Physical Security
Strict policies and procedures are used at all Rabobank locations to protect the physical security of you, our staff and any sensitive information. These procedures are regularly reviewed and updated to account for changing threats and ensure compliance with federal laws.
11.4. Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to guard such information. For additional information, please visit www.raboag.com or www.rabobankwholesalebankingna.com. 12. Changes to this Privacy Statement We may choose to make changes to this statement at any time. If we decide to change this statement, we will post the changes on one or more our websites and/or other places where we deem appropriate. We may, but are not obligated, to send you an email or other notification of such change; but you should review this statement from time to time for significant changes that may affect you. If you agree to the changes, you do not need to do anything. But if you do not agree to the changes, you must discontinue use of our sites and services. If you continue to use our sites and services after the effective date of any change, you are deemed to have accepted the change.
15. Contact Information
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, you may contact us using the following information:
Rabobank P.O. Box 411995 Chesterfield, Missouri 63017 Attn: Customer Connect
You may also contact our Privacy Office as identified below:
Rabobank P.O. Box 411995 Chesterfield, Missouri 63017 Attn: Privacy Office
16. Policy Effective Date
March 15, 2022