Our alumni community is made up of 230 rockstar startups and growing, and they are constantly being featured as thought-leaders, raising funds, announcing partnerships and much more.
To help our community stay on top of all their news and updates, we recently launched a Monthly Alumni News Roundup. Our second installment features major fundraising news from Farmer’s Fridge and ReGrained, as well as awards for most innovative packaging for Garcon Wines and big HQ moves for Peaceful Fruits. Check out all the headlines below.
- AgriWebb signed an $AU14M investment deal from UK-based Wheatsheaf Group. As part of the investment, AgriWebb acquires Belfast-based FarmWizard in a £8M deal (AgFunder).
- Rootwave is featured in a three-part series on ag startups and investment in them by The Yield Lab of St. Louis (AgUpdate).
- An inside look at how Biome Makers is unearthing dirt’s dirty little secrets and communication with microbes to boost soil health (Rabobank.com).
- Get to know Innovopro and its first-to-market chickpea protein (Food Navigator).
- Farmer’s Fridge raised a $30M Series C led by Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt of Innovation Endeavors. The funds will be used to expand its offerings from salad to wraps and sandwiches, as well as to expand geographically (Chicago Tribune).
- ImpactVision‘s Abi Ramanan talks to CNBC on how her company is tackling food waste through hyperspectral imaging technology (CNBC).
- Check out how DouxMatok‘s technology makes sweets healthier by amplifying the flavor on your tongue (The Times of London).
- MycoTechnology raised $23.47M in early stage VC Funding (PitchBook).
- Oddbox, the UK-based CSA for produce, is changing the way we eat, one wonky vegetable at a time (Food Navigator).
- ReGrained closed a $2.5M financing round led by Griffith Foods, which will be used to help scale its proprietary processing technology (PRNewswire).
- Snacklins is called out as one of 13 natural snacks spotted at Expo East 2018 (New Hope).
- Peaceful Fruits is moving into a larger HQ, reclaiming an abandoned Burger King (Cleveland.com).
- Evaptainers, the electricity-free refrigeration startup focused on serving the 1.2B people without access to electricity, is launching a new camping refrigeration system called Fenik (Snews).
- Garcon Wines‘ recycled PET plastic wine bottles are featured as most innovative packaging in 2018 (Packaging News).
- Back to the Roots is selected for Amazon Launchpad’s Entrepreneur Advisory Board (Forbes).
- Partake Brewing rolls out award-winning alcohol-free Pale Ale into LCBO stores in Ontario, Canada (Partake Brewing).
- Free-from brand Creative Nature closes in on crowdfunding target (co.uk).
- My Know Brainer, the line of ketogenic coffee creamers and instant butter drinks, included as finalist for the Best New Diet product at the #NEXTY Awards (Expo East).
Are you an alum? Got news to share? Submit your story to FoodBytes@rabobank.com with the subject line Alumni News Roundup Submission.