The holidays are upon us, but press never sleeps. Read on to see what’s happening in the world of our FoodBytes! alumni, including major product profiles, interviews, financing news and more.
CPG: The Honest Stand raises $1.2M, Remedy Organics selected for PepsiCo’s Nutrition Greenhouse Program
- Remedy Organics was chosen for PepsiCo’s Nutrition Greenhouse Program in North America, among a number of companies changing the face of sustainable food and beverage products (Entrepreneur).
- Organic lactation smoothie brand Sweetie Pie Organics is featured in a comprehensive profile on its game-changing formulas for expecting and new mothers in the new lactation support category (Food Navigator).
- The Honest Stand raises $1.2M in financing to continue growing its vegan cheese-style dips, already gaining traction in Colorado and beyond (Business Den).
- Nootropics beverage BrainJuice is positioned as the leader of the brain wellness category, aiming to be an everyday household purchase (BevNet).
- Whole Foods reveals 2018 food trends, including plant-forward products going high tech. Ocean Hugger Foods is highlighted for its plant-based “tuna sashimi” (Bloglikes).
- The Chaat Company on the challenges of starting a new brand, ethnic food clichés and more (Consumer Eyes).
- Whipped vegetable spread startup Frecious, talks to Food Navigator about the challenges of scaling in new markets, the benefits of collaborating with other entrepreneurs and what’s next for the startup after FoodBytes! NYC (Food Navigator).
Food Tech: Chickpea Pioneer InnovoPro raises $4.25M, ImpactVision’s Abi Ramanan a featured innovator under 35
- ReFed examines the $125M 2018 food waste investment landscape, including three FB! alums: ReGrained, Imperfect Produce, and Wasteless (AgFunder).
- Chickpea pioneer InnovoPro raises $4.25M, led by Migros, Switzerland’s largest retailer, and JVP (Jerusalem Venture Partners) (Food Ingredients First).
- Compostable packaging startup TIPA-Corp is featured on Rabobank.com as a leading alternative to plastics, which is gaining traction as the world looks to eliminate plastic waste from our oceans and landfills (Rabobank).
- Dexai Robotics’ Alfred the robot launches in commercial kitchens, aiming to be another useful kitchen appliance for fast-casual and QSRs (Convenience).
- ImpactVision’s Abi Ramanan makes the InnovatorsUnder35 list for her pioneering hyperspectral imaging technology startup (InnovatorsUnder35).
- Edamam’s nutrition analysis API is now being used by Barilla, Ocean Spray and Foxtel, joining clients like Bon Appetit and the Food Network (BizJournals).
Agtech: Pheronym wins major F&A award
- Pheronym, the ag-biotech startup focused on eco-friendly pest control, wins the Sacramento Region Innovation Award for Food & Agribusiness (Sacramento Innovation Awards). Check out the video presentation here.
- Agrobirechten interviews Connecterra’s Head of Marketing, Robyn Bonnin. Check out the full profile – if you speak Dutch, that is (Agroberichten Buitenland).
Are you an alum? Got news to share? Submit your story to FoodBytes@rabobank.com with the subject line Alumni News Roundup Submission.