FB! Chicago 2019 Media Kit
The Discovery Platform for Food & Ag Innovation
FoodBytes! is a next-generation pitch competition and networking platform for startups, investors and corporates building a continuous community for the entire F&A ecosystem. We’re pioneering a more sustainable future of food and agriculture through discovery, connection and strategic growth.
Since launching in 2015, 280 startups have pitched onstage and over 1,900 have applied from 70+ countries. More than 5,000 guests have attended FoodBytes! competitions in North America, Europe and Australia.
FoodBytes! is an initiative of Rabobank, a leading global bank providing sector expertise, strategic counsel and tailored financial solutions to clients across the entire food value chain. Rabobank believes that sustainability and innovation are critical in promoting a thriving F&A industry that will feed the increasing global population, a key focus of our Banking for Food vision to grow a better world together by 2050.
Through FoodBytes!, Rabobank is turning today’s new ideas and technologies into tomorrow’s game-changing solutions.
Follow our journey to the Heartland
Take a look at the trends emerging from the FoodBytes! applicant pool and our 15 pitch companies.
What People Are Saying
The FoodBytes! experience was transformative for our company. It validated our business model, helped us articulate how sustainability made good business sense, challenged our business strategy and distil our story.
Rabobank provides access to the right startups through the FoodBytes! ecosystem
This is one of the most dynamic and intimate ways for anyone passionate about food, beverage, agriculture, sustainability and the future to engage with startups. FoodBytes! gives the space to meaningfully connect.
There’s been an amazing crop of entrepreneurs at FoodBytes! Investors are investing in people so it’s really important to shine through, engage the audience and to demonstrate that you know your own business.
• Team / Management: Exceptional domain and entrepreneurial experience.
• Business Model: Company has a strong view on its revenue model, competitors, how to scale, customer acquisition and cost base. Company knows its margins and how it can improve as it scales.
• Market Opportunity: High growth market opportunity and high barriers to entry.
• Product Innovation: Concept is a game-changing approach to solving a problem or gap in the market.
• Production Validation & Traction: Team is on track or building a successful business and is building something that consumers or industry needs/wants. Company was able to raise external funds.
• Sustainability / Social Impact: Concept is focused on the triple bottom line: people, profit and planet.
Dive into recent press releases and media coverage.
Food Navigator covers FoodBytes! quarterly F&A trend report
FoodBytes!’ Eline Boot shares her perspective on cross-industry collaboration in the current market
Erin Cabrey covers the FoodBytes! webinar panel featuring RaboResearch analysts
Food Navigator’s Elaine Watson covers our FoodBytes! webinar
Food Navigator interviews Global Head of F&A Innovation, Anne Greven