Fresh off the heels of not one but two FoodBytes!, we have lots to share from our alumni network, as well as some great coverage on FB! London via Food Kultur Mag and a rundown of FoodBytes! NYC via Food Navigator. Read on for all things press-worthy featuring our favorite startup innovators this past month.
Food Tech: Rabo’s Frontier Ventures Invests in Produce Pay + More
- Los Angeles-based Produce Pay announces a $14M Series B from Anterra Capital and Rabobank’s Frontier Ventures, which will enable the produce trading platform to continue to scale and develop its software platform (Citizen Tribune).
- FB! London 2018 Judges’ Choice winner Mimica is profiled in AgFunder News for its novel packaging technology that’s revolutionizing food expiry date labeling (AgFunder).
- RaboResearch analysts Paula Savanti and Umesh Madhavan report on the use of data analytics in restaurants and highlight FB! alumni Ingest.ai, Winnow and Dexai Robotics (Rabobank.com)
- Food retail dynamic pricing startup Wasteless raises a $2M Series A led by Slingshot Ventures, helping the company expand its team, further develop its pricing algorithm and manage rollouts with additional food retailers (AgFunder).
AgTech: DFA Invests in SomaDetect, Augean Robotics Wins AgSharks + More
- ImpactVision beat out 100 other competitors in the first Agri T-Jam competition hosted by Tesco. The team receives access to supply chain contacts and mentorship from the UK-based retailer (World Agri Tech Innovation).
- The Dairy Farmers of America have made an investment in SomaDetect, providing the milk analysis startup with financial backing and access to a swath of dairy farmers (Buffalo News).
- SomaDetect is also highlighted for their work helping dairy farmers improve milk and herd health, including real-time fat and protein levels, in Food Navigator’s latest startup profile (Food Navigator).
- An inside look at how Dropnostix’s rumen sensor health monitoring system helps dairy farmers. (Food Navigator).
- Augean Robotics wins Western Growers’ AgSharks Competition, taking home a $250K equity investment offer from S2G Ventures and access to farm acreage for pilot testing. (Market Screener).
- AgFunder News covers the winners of FoodBytes! NYC, including Judges’ Choice SomaDetect and food waste-focused startups Winnow and Wasteless (AgFunder).
- Rabobank profiles Biokind, maker of sustainable fishmeal made from industrial food waste, from the startup’s beginning at London Imperial College to what’s next: commercial production (Rabobank).
- Urban mushroom farming company Smallhold is featured on an episode of FutureProof, where the team sheds light on a new generation of farming (Mutha).
CPG: Imperfect Produce Raises $30M from Kevin Durant, RISE Partners with Phluid Project + More
- Imperfect Produce announces a $30M round led by NBA star Kevin Durant’s ThirtyFive Ventures. The food waste subscription box startup is planning expansion into its 12th city, Washington D.C. (Business Insider).
- A look inside how juice pulp-based snack startup Pulp Pantry plans to grow, plus a shoutout to another upclycling innovator in the FB! Family, ReGrained (The Spoon).
- RISE Brewing Co. partners with The Phluid Project to open its first brick and mortar inside the world’s first gender-free retail space in New York City (BevNet).
- Forbes pens an in-depth profile on Garcon Wines, the flat wine bottles made of post-consumer recycled PET plastic (Forbes).
- Oddbox, the UK-based ugly produce box, is profiled for its mission to tackle food waste and provide customers with cheap, fresh, healthy produce (Food Navigator).
- White fish jerky producer OneForNeptune gears up for its first product launch, aiming to make the global seafood sector more sustainable. (Food Navigator).
Are you an alum? Got news to share? Submit your story to FoodBytes@rabobank.com with the subject line Alumni News Roundup Submission.