Global Food and Ag Startups pitch Investors, Executives & Media
NEW YORK (Feb. 8, 2017) – Rabobank, the world’s leading food and agribusiness bank, has chosen the companies to pitch at FoodBytes! San Francisco, the pitch competition created to connect food and agriculture thought leaders and investors with the most disruptive startups in the industry. The sixth event of its kind, FoodBytes! San Francisco leverages Rabobank’s industry experience and sector knowledge to make connections that will turn today’s new ideas into tomorrow’s solutions.
“I am truly inspired by the discoveries and innovations that are coming through the FoodBytes! platform, and especially by the startups that will take to the stage in San Francisco in March,” said Manuel Gonzalez, Managing Director, North America Head of Start-Up Innovation (STI). “We’re seeing personalized nutrition on an entirely new scale, protein alternatives that are equal parts satisfying and sustainable, supply chain evolutions and foods that give back globally in the most unique ways. These folks see the problems facing our world when it comes to the future of food and ag, and are reacting quickly and efficiently to address the issues presented by a rapidly evolving ecosystem.”
Meet the 10 finalist companies that will give 3.5-minute pitches at FoodBytes! San Francisco on March 16:
- SNPitty – A personalized weight loss company that combines the power of genetics and neuroscience to provide truly effective weight loss and support for long-term success
- Bonumose Biochem – Makers of a healthy sucrose replacement that is affordable for widespread use in foods, beverages and supplements
- GIVN Water – Bottled water that is sourced and packaged responsibly. For every bottle sold, GIVN funds a day of clean drinking water for a person in need
- Vega Coffee – A subscription coffee delivery service that empowers small-holding female farmers to roast and sell their coffee and earn up to 4x more than through typical export channels
- VisAg Solutions LLC – Provides an environmentally-friendly system of producing grain that help farmers maximize the sustainability of the soil while minimizing the negative impact to the environment
- Renewal Mill – Utilizes undervalued food production byproduct streams to create wholesome products. Its first product is an okara flour blend that is made from a byproduct of tofu and soymilk
- Nutrigene – A countertop device that brews and dispenses personalized nutrient shots that fit a user’s specific health needs
- Flying Spark – Maker of protein rich powders made from the Mediterranean fruit fly, which has rich nutritional values and the best sustainability prospects of all insects
- Good Seed – Makes chef driven plant-based foods utilizing high quality sustainable plant proteins and aims to provide easy access to clean and nutrient dense plant-based foods for everyone
- Evaptainers – A robust, efficient and low-cost refrigeration solution powered by only water and sunlight
In addition to the ten finalists, Rabobank has selected 9 runner-up companies to deliver 60-second pitches, including:
- The Honest Bison – 100% grassfed and humanely and sustainably raised meat
- PieShell – Crowdfunding for food and beverage entrepreneurs
- Apiterra – The first US food company to produce an all-natural, raw honey-based superfood. Apiterra donates 1% of profits to organizations that are fighting Colony Collapse Disorder
- Fuel – An intelligent nutrition engine that analyses genetics, lifestyle and body metrics to optimize and deliver meals
- MintScraps – Technology that helps restaurants monitor and reduce food waste, giving them real-time data that helps them save them thousands of dollars in annual food and waste disposal costs
- Siren Snacks – A next generation bite-sized plant-based protein snack made from dairy-free, gluten-free and non-GMO ingredients
- Pure Cultures – A BioTech company developing microbiome solutions for animal health, specializing in prebiotics and probiotics as an alternative to using antibiotics in animals
- ProteoSense – A rapid, easy to use test to find foodborne pathogens without sample incubation, providing results in minutes not days
- ATE – An easy to use photo-based food journaling app that helps users establish and maintain healthy eating habits
Click here to buy your tickets for FoodBytes! San Francisco, and for ongoing coverage of FoodBytes!, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or view curated content via the hashtag #FoodBytes. FoodBytes! San Francisco attendees will cast their vote for the People’s Choice Award winner, while an esteemed panel of industry experts will present the Judges Choice Award. These award winners will be invited to attend Rabobank’s premier invitation-only Annual Event in December 2017 in New York City, which attracts C-suite representation from over 300 of North America’s leading food, beverage and agribusiness companies.
Rabobank presents FoodBytes! San Francisco in partnership with food & ag industry leaders Food + Tech Connect and Presenting Sponsor Whole Foods. In addition, Official Sponsors Holland & Hart and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) will play an integral role in the development of the event and mentorship of the pitch companies.
Rabobank Group is a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking, leasing, and real estate services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded over a century ago, Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $750 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is the premier bank to the food, agribusiness and beverage industries, providing sector expertise, strategic counsel and tailored financial solutions to clients across the entire food value chain. We know that sustainability and innovation are critical in promoting a thriving food and ag industry that will feed growing global populations for years to come, which is a key focus our Banking for Food strategy. Additional information is available on our website.
Glenda Catron | Fresh Ideas Group | firstname.lastname@example.org | (970) 219-0924