Rabobank Announces North America FoodBytes! 2017 Locations
Pitch competition will visit San Francisco, New York, and Austin
NEW YORK (Dec. 2, 2016) — Rabobank, a premier global food and agribusiness bank, is proud to announce the locations and dates for the 2017 FoodBytes! events. The food startup pitch competition-meets-networking event will kick off the year in San Francisco in March, followed by New York in June, and then Austin, Texas in October. These highly anticipated events will bring food and ag innovations together with food and agribusiness executives, investors and industry influencers. Since the launch of FoodBytes! in 2015, more than 750 companies from 19 countries have applied to pitch to over 1,000 attendees at events around the world.
“As FoodBytes! grows into its third year, our mission remains the same as it was on day one,” says Manuel Gonzalez, Rabobank North America Head of Startup Innovation. “Many of the most innovative concepts require ample financial and intellectual capital to bring those ideas and products to market. FoodBytes! provides companies around the globe with this opportunity, and I’m eager to see what 2017 brings.”
In addition to the announcement of the 2017 FoodBytes! locations, made at Rabobank’s annual Client Appreciation Events, Rabobank is excited to announce that applications to pitch at FoodBytes! San Francisco in March are now open and will close on Friday, January 20. Those selected to pitch will be notified by February, 1. Click here to review application criteria and to submit an application.
Holland & Hart will be returning as our partner for all 2017 events. A full service law firm that helps regional, national and international clients of all sizes with integrated legal solutions, Holland & Hart has been a part of the food and beverage industry for decades, helping clients through the entire lifecycle of a company’s growth. In their role as official sponsor, Holland & Hart will provide invaluable legal insight to the participating startups, helping them to navigate the complexities often faced by burgeoning brands. “We whole-heartedly support the mission and values of FoodBytes,” says Chuck Cotter, head of the Food & Beverage Practice Group. “We could not be more excited about continuing to help entrepreneurs and the innovation ecosystem in 2017.”
Joining Holland & Hart as an official sponsor for 2017 is Nucleus Maximus, a Boulder-based agency that works with food and beverage companies on brand strategy, product positioning and package design. “The nature of FoodBytes! speaks to the start-up minded entrepreneur and the organizations that they work to create and cultivate,” said Adam Spriggs, founder of Nucleus Maximus. “It’s inspiring to be able to work with the FoodBytes! pitch companies as they plot out some of the most integral pieces of their business development.”
The 2016 FoodBytes! events brought game-changing companies to the stage, and the six winners embody the innovation and creativity that FoodBytes! was created to discover and support. The winning companies that pitched at today’s Rabobank Client Appreciation Event include:
- FoodBytes! Boulder Judges’ Choice Award Winner Mad Agriculture, which uses insects to convert food waste into sustainable animal feed and fertilizer
- FoodBytes! Boulder People’s Choice Award Winner The Honest Stand, a gourmet food company that is turning plants into vegan, gluten-free, paleo comfort foods using 100% all natural, non-GMO and certified organic ingredients.
- FoodBytes! San Francisco Judges’ Choice Award Winner, Netherlands-based Seamore, which aims to make seaweed a daily food by creating seaweed alternatives to mainstream foods, such as tagliatelle pasta.
- FoodBytes! San Francisco People’s Choice Award Winner Imperfect Produce, a California-based company that sources “ugly” produce that would otherwise go to waste directly from farmers, and sells it to consumers via delivery subscription boxes for 30-50% less than retail.
- FoodBytes! Brooklyn Peoples’ Choice Award Winner True Made Foods, a startup that is rethinking classic condiments and sauces, such as ketchup, BBQ sauce and hot sauce, using vegetables as natural sweeteners.
- FoodBytes! Brooklyn Special Recognition recipient DouxMatok Ltd, a company that has is using ground-breaking flavour delivery technology to develop sugars that can reduce added sugars in packaged food and beverages by 25-50% without compromising taste.
Rabobank Group is a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking, leasing, and real estate services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded over a century ago, Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $750 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is the premier bank to the food, agribusiness and beverage industries, providing sector expertise, strategic counsel and tailored financial solutions to clients across the entire food value chain. We know that sustainability and innovation are critical in promoting a thriving food and ag industry that will feed growing global populations for years to come, which is a key focus our Banking for Food strategy. Additional information is available on our website.
Glenda Catron | Fresh Ideas Group | firstname.lastname@example.org | (970) 219-0924