In the eight years since Foodbytes’s inception, the F&A community has come to value our annual selection of startups representing promising solutions to major industry challenges. Our historical alumni community – those 400+ startups that were selected across those years – have gone on to raise over $3.5B and make waves in the areas of farm inputs, automation, novel ingredients, sustainable packaging and much more.
In our current format as a continuous online connection hub, we aim to keep delivering that value through our Alumni and Spotlight badges.
The DIY-style platform of their connection hub means we can customize alerts, request introductions, and have access 24/7 to search for new partners and opportunities as our areas of focus evolve.Rich Products
All startups published in the platform are searchable to our corporate and investor users and have passed a screening that corroborates sector alignment and accurate, up-to-date profile information.
Our two distinct startup badges – Alumni and Spotlight – are visible and filterable to Premium subscribers only. Read on for more details on our review process and the criteria behind it.
This distinction was given to an exclusive set of startups that participated in our legacy pitch competitions. These companies maintain close connectivity with the Foodbytes team. No new startup entrants receive this badge.
These startups have been identified by Foodbytes analysts and curated Rabobank sector experts through our ongoing, monthly review process within the following criteria:
- Thematic alignment: Demonstrates alignment with the monthly Foodbytes theme,as determined by a dedicated group of 5-10 Rabobank sector experts
- Robust profile: Startup is published to the Foodbytes online hub with a complete and up-to-date profile
- Commercial Viability: Development stage is launch, validation or growth phase
- Industry Validation: Fundraising activity is Seed stage or beyond OR profile details commercial pilots or partnerships
- Sustainability: Profile contains explicit mention of the startup’s direct impact on sustainability, including carbon, labor, food waste, nutrition, and other key metrics.
Startups: Create and ensure your profile is complete and up to date to be considered for the Spotlight badge.
Corporates and Investors: Interested in getting access to our badges? Sign up or upgrade to a Premium account today!